Permissions Manager for Outlook
By Fastman Pte Limited
ExSharing OpenText Content Suite document links via email is a good practice rather than attaching the document(s) in the email. This is to ensure document access is validated per permissions policies. Excellent solution in ensuring links provided via email for sharing of OpenText Content Suite documents are valid for recipients.
Send an email, know it can be read! Fastman Permissions Manager provides users with a simple and intuitive interface to verify and manage permissions within Content Suite. In particular, users are able verify whether an individual has effective permissions to access content whether they have “Edit Permissions” rights on that content This functionality is now available from within Microsoft Outlook, allowing the person sending emails to verify that all recipients have access to any links placed in the email that refer to items in Content Suite. Links in the email can be manually typed or copied from some other source, or even by using the ‘Email Link’ option from Content Suite. Once email addresses are entered (as To, CC, or BCC), simply click “Validate Links” and all links will be verified using the same logic as is available from the Permissions Manager interface in Content Suite.
- Extends Permissions Manager functionality to the Microsoft Outlook client
- View access to linked documents by user and object within emails
- Supports both explicit and effective (group-based) permissions, including nested groups
- Operates in real-time against permissions set at the time of drafting the email
- Supports viewing permissions by all users – including users without Edit Permissions rights
- Removes the operational cost, time, and frustration of managing permissions
- Dashboard view and management of permissions - one place, one view, one method
- Configurable action item to support each organisation’s processes and polices
- Allows refresh after changes to permissions applied
Fastman Permissions Manager for Outlook can be installed where OpenText Content Suite Module exists. Supports Content Suite and Extended ECM 10.5 to 21.n, and Microsoft Outlook 2010-2019 including Office 365 Cloud.